[st_row id_wrapper=”elm_5bae234508899″ ][st_column span=”span12″ id_wrapper=”elm_5bae23450884c” ][st_text el_title=”critique intro” wrapper_padding_top=”0″ wrapper_padding_left=”0″ wrapper_padding_bottom=”0″ wrapper_padding_right=”0″ id_wrapper=”elm_5bae23450793e” ] A critique group can give support and constructive feedback for your writing. It can also keep you writing when you know someone is going to review your work on a certain date. GCWA will try to match you to a group with similar interests. Below is a list of current groups connected with GCWA and some links to online resources. Interested in joining a new critique or reading group? Looking for new members for your critique group? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.[/st_text][st_text el_title=”GCWA critique groups” wrapper_padding_top=”0″ wrapper_padding_left=”0″ wrapper_padding_bottom=”0″ wrapper_padding_right=”0″ id_wrapper=”elm_5bae234507e1c” ]
GCWA Affiliated Critique Groups
- A critique group for creative non-fiction writing is open for a new member. email: Hunter Leake email@example.com or Bob McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CC Writers Critique Group in Cape Coral is looking for two or three new members. Contact Patty Westbrook: email@example.com.
- Hurricanes critique group: Genre is fiction and nonfiction—no poetry or script-writing. Meets monthly at the Fairfield Inn and not looking for members at this time.
- Jeannie Greider’s critique group, The Word Clinic, is looking for one or two more serious writers in fiction/suspense/mystery/action adventure. Contact Jeannie Greider – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writers Helping Writers (Writers Read) — Punta Gorda critique and support group Naples Writers Forum – Off of 41 near 7-11 and miniature golf course; Turn south on Palm St.; Drive to the end and turn left; the clubhouse will be immediately on your right; the address is: 350 Marlin Dr., Naples, FL Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon; Off through the month of August – 9-12 copies of 2 pages of prose or two poems – We critique each other’s work. MI Writers Critique Group – Marco Island Library – 210 S. Heathwood Dr. – 10 a.m. to noon – The second and fourth Friday of the month 3-6 copies of 4 pages of prose or 1-2 poems[/st_text][st_text el_title=”reading groups” wrapper_padding_top=”0″ wrapper_padding_left=”0″ wrapper_padding_bottom=”0″ wrapper_padding_right=”0″ wrapper_bg_opacity_slider=”” id_wrapper=”elm_5bae2345082f8″ disabled_el=”yes” ]
- The GCWA Twentieth Century Classics Reading Group meets the first Monday of February, April, June, August, October and December. Contact Richard Georgian at email@example.com if you are interested in joining.
[/st_text][st_text el_title=”Links” wrapper_padding_top=”0″ wrapper_padding_left=”0″ wrapper_padding_bottom=”0″ wrapper_padding_right=”0″ wrapper_bg_opacity_slider=”” id_wrapper=”elm_5bae2345087f2″ ]
Links for Critique Groups
Find the Right ONLINE CRITIQUE GROUP For You! How to Find the Right Critique Group or Partner for You 40 Places to Find a Critique Partner A Presentation on Critique Groups by Denise Holbrook and Richard Georgian Florida Region Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators Critique Groups The Southwest Florida Branch of National League of American Pen Women would like to invite published writers to consider joining. Contact Lorraine Walker Williams for more details.[/st_text][/st_column][/st_row]